ADSM-L

Re: W2K 4.2.1 Desktop Archive Client backs up files that are unmo dified

2001-11-17 05:55:19
Subject: Re: W2K 4.2.1 Desktop Archive Client backs up files that are unmo dified
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 00:56:15 -0500
I know that the doc says that the FREQUENCY copygroup setting is ignored.
This would have to be the case since FREQUENCY requires knowing when the
file was last backed up. Since partial incremental doesn't query the
server for information on existing backups, it can't know when the file
was last backed up; thus FREQUENCY is ignored.

If you can let me know which manual you are looking at, and where exactly
in the manual you are looking, we can pursue further.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
11/16/2001 18:54