ADSM-L

Re: Backup Offsite

2001-11-16 19:18:05
Subject: Re: Backup Offsite
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Sat, 17 Nov 2001 02:17:05 +0200
Stop the scheduler on the node in question for the period and that is! The
node will miss its backup schedule. After you offsite backup scripts finish
the scheduler will have to be restarted. And if the scripts fail for some
reason the scheduler might not be restarted so be careful. Either restart
the scheduler through another scripts or ensure in any script failure
(coredump?!) you still restart the scheduler and the node will not miss
next day backup. The drawback is that schedule miss will be logged and you
have to remember it is "normal".
Another approach is to delete the schedule association before that night
and re-associate the schedule to node afterwards. This will prevent
"schedule missed" event but need synchronous actions of both TSM server and
node. The latter is another type of drawback but might be more acceptable.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Robert Ouzen <rouzen AT UNIV.HAIFA.AC DOT IL> on 15.11.2001 08:43:07