ADSM-L

Re: file name length error

2001-11-15 22:08:58
Subject: Re: file name length error
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2001 22:05:01 -0500
Anthony, I agree, your suggestion is a good one.

One thing, though: for long file name support to work in 4.1,
USEUNICODEFILENAMES must be set to NO (not YES). If you do not explicitly
code USEUNICODEFILENAMES, it defaults to YES when LANGUAGE AMENG is in
effect, and NO when LANGUAGE is other than AMENG.

With the 4.2 client, the long file name support works regardless of the
USEUNICODEFILENAMES setting.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"BURDEN,Anthony" <Anthony.BURDEN AT DEWRSB.GOV DOT AU>
11/15/2001 18:01