ADSM-L

Re: Transferring Filespace Owners Ship

2001-11-14 16:55:42
Subject: Re: Transferring Filespace Owners Ship
From: Joe Faracchio <brother AT SOCRATES.BERKELEY DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:53:02 -0800
Yes, I figured out you can do this with EXPORT judicious use of
rename node *before* AND *after*.  The trick is to 'keep your wits'
about it.

FILESPACE-X from UserA to UserB.
Rename UserB to UserHold.  Rename UserA to UserB.
Export FILESPACE-X .  Rename UserA back to itself from B
Rename UserHold back to UserB
Import FILESPACE-X.

hope this helps! ... joe.f.

Joseph A Faracchio,  Systems Programmer, UC Berkeley
Private mail on any topic should be directed to :
         joef AT socrates.berkeley DOT edu
 (510)642-7638 (w)  (209)483-JOEF (M)
                             5633
142 DAYS UNTIL RETIREMENT.  and a job as UPS Driver!!!