ADSM-L

Re: TDS v2.1.1 installation

2001-11-14 08:25:48
Subject: Re: TDS v2.1.1 installation
From: David McClelland <DAVIDMCCLELLAND AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 14 Nov 2001 13:18:45 +0000
Hi Finn,

If you've installed from the flat TDS CD's you won't find the TDS for SMA
(Storage Management Analysis) bits (i.e. guides) on there - you'll need a
separate CD, which will have the Decision Support Loader (a special
application which pulls data from the TSM servers' databases and populates
an RDBMS) and sql schema's to build the tables into the database.

I did install this and had it working last year (memory's a bit sketchy
now, but I recall it was a bit of a faff), getting all kinds of stats from
our TSM servers, but I think that the packaging has now changed. In our
latest CD bundle from Tivoli we got a 'Tivoli Storage Resource Reporting'
CD which I believe may contain what you are looking for... It may be worth
looking at service.boulder.ibm.com ftp site too as I remember there to be
some folders on there which may have what you're looking for... There's
also some Redbooks - Tivoli Storage Manager Reporting - SG24-6109-00, and
lots of installation documentation on the CD.

Hope this helps,

Rgds,

David McClelland
Tivoli Storage Management Team
Tivoli Storage Management Team
IBM EMEA Technical Centre,
Internet: davidmcclelland AT uk.ibm DOT com

"Leijnse, Finn F SITI-ISES-31" <Finn.F.Leijnse AT IS.SHELL DOT
COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU>
on 14/11/2001 12:00:40