ADSM-L

TDP for MSSQL

2001-11-13 19:35:36
Subject: TDP for MSSQL
From: Gerald Wichmann <gwichmann AT SANSIA DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 16:33:39 -0800
I'm trying to find info on the TDP for MSSQL v1.1 but the only redbooks
and docs on tivoli's site seem to relate to 2.1. Version 1.1 is still
being supported until 1/26/2002 so I'm a bit surprised I can't find any
docs for it.

Anyways my question is this. I'm more familiar with Version 2, but how
does Version 1 handle DB backup expiration? With Version 2, the TSM
Server itself expires old backups based on the parameters you set in the
copygroups. For some reason I recall Version 1 being different. That you
had a script that actually had to run on the TDP server that would
contact the TSM server and tell it to expire old versions.

Am I remembering this wrong and confusing it with other TDP's (oracle)?
How does it expire old versions?

Thanks,

Gerald Wichmann
System Engineer