ADSM-L

Re: AW: Reconstruct aggregates on diskpools

2001-11-13 12:47:03
Subject: Re: AW: Reconstruct aggregates on diskpools
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:31:32 -0500
Steffan,

I don't really know if moth-eaten aggregates have a performance penalty;
maybe someone from development can provide an answer.

My gut feeling is that there in NOT any penalty.  My guess is that each
aggregate
can be accessed directly for each file that is still valid.  I don't think
there is
any difference in the resote of one file from an agg. made today and from
one made a year ago.  Again, that is just a gut feeling, I haven't tried to
measure
anything.

--

In <96A7493F33B7D4119EA80001FAD4B0AF01364474@SZENT008>, on 11/13/01
   at 12:31 PM, Stefan Holzwarth <stefan.holzwarth AT ZENTRALE.ADAC DOT DE>