ADSM-L

Missed daily backups during 3 hour schedule

2001-11-13 11:10:19
Subject: Missed daily backups during 3 hour schedule
From: "Pucky, Todd M." <Puckyt AT TIMKEN DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 11:07:42 -0500
TSMer's

Server: IBM 3466-C00
            AIX 4.3.2
            TSM Server Software 3.7.2
Clients: TSM 4.1.3

I am having a problem completing backups during a 3 hour backup schedule.  I
have 830 workstations (Win95/NT/2000) on scheduled backups and normally only
400-500 or fewer complete backups.  The other have statuses of MISSED.  I
have MAXIMUM SESSIONS=400 and MAXIMUM SCHEDULE SESSIONS=320.  The majority
of these nodes backup less than 100 MB of data per day. My nightly server
backups complete without any problems.  Is there another setting that I can
change to increase my number of backups?  Is there a limitation on the TSM
server that only allows a certain number of sessions on at once?  Any
information regarding this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Todd M. Pucky
The Timken Company
Global Information Systems
Programmer/Analyst

This message and any attachments are intended for the
individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended
recipient, please do not read, copy, use or disclose this
communication to others; also please notify the sender by
replying to this message, and then delete it from your system.

The Timken Company