ADSM-L

Re: Best Database Performance

2001-11-13 10:40:50
Subject: Re: Best Database Performance
From: Andy Carlson <andyc AT ANDYC.CARENET DOT ORG>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 09:33:33 -0600
I think I can confirm this.  I took my database volumes, and split them
up into individual volumes.  What I saw, was TSM hitting one volume, and
it's mirror.  It was much slower than the striped volumes.  I now have
it striped across 6 volumes, instead of only 4.  I am also experimenting
with making the storage pool volumes individual JFS files, instead of
raw striped volumes.  I have only converted one at this time, but it
seems like read performance has gone way up.  I did this also because
the loss of one disk killed the whole storage pool, and while it is
rare, it happened to us about 3 weeks ago, and I lost abou 120GB of
data.

Andy Carlson                             |\      _,,,---,,_
andyc AT andyc.carenet DOT org            ZZZzz /,`.-'`'    -.  ;-;;,_
BJC Health System                       |,4-  ) )-,_. ,\ (  `'-'
St. Louis, Missouri                    '---''(_/--'  `-'\_)
Cat Pics: http://andyc.dyndns.org/animal.html