ADSM-L

Restoring to different node using administrative TSM-ID

2001-11-13 07:43:49
Subject: Restoring to different node using administrative TSM-ID
From: Jens Fornfeist <Jens_Fornfeist AT IDG DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 13:39:54 +0100
Hi,

i need to restore files to a different tsm-node ,than the data has
been backed up with.
Using the gui, there is the option "logon", where I can specify
the concerned "source-tsm-node" and my administrative TSM-ID,
for authenticating with/to the tsm-server. I have to use my ID because
of the "passwordaccess generate"-setting in the client-options-file, so
I do not know the passwords of the client-nodes. Using this way,
everything works fine.
The question is: How can I initiate this login-process using
the command-line???? I would like to simplify this process
for backup-operators, so that it is only necessary to enter
the administrative TSM-ID and password. The node-name
should have been set using a dsm.exe - paramater.
i.e.: dsm -loginid=userid -virtualnodename=sourcemachine

Is there an "undocumented feature" that solves my problem?
(or is it documented and I haven't found it?)

Thanks in advance!
Jens Fornfeist

IDG mbH, Cologne, Germany
IDG mbH, Cologne, Germany