ADSM-L

TDP for Oracle 2.2 poor restore performance.

2001-11-12 20:28:38
Subject: TDP for Oracle 2.2 poor restore performance.
From: Eric Winters <ewinters AT AU1.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2001 12:24:55 +1100
Dear All,

Has anyone experienced the following or have any idea what may be up?

Server:        Oracle 8.1.7 and TSM 4.1 on the same box.
Client:        TDP for Oracle 2.2, 64 bit, commethod TCPIP
AIX:           4.3

Time to backup 28 GB using 1 channel: 1 hour 15mins
Time to restore the same data using 1 channel: 20 hours and only 13 GB has
been sent so far.

The same tdpo.opt file has been used for the rman backup as for the rman
restore.

The tape drive has been available the whole time (no media waiting).

What could be responsible? Any chance this is an Oracle issue?

(just for interests sake - am I right in thinking the 64 bit API will not
work with shared memory? There was an indignant message  to this effect
when I tried to use shared mem initially, and I have a notion I've seen
this in a readme somewhere).

Thanks in advance,

Eric Winters
Sydney Australia