ADSM-L

Installing new DLT drive on Windows2000 system

2001-11-10 11:34:35
Subject: Installing new DLT drive on Windows2000 system
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Sat, 10 Nov 2001 11:33:00 -0500
I have attached a new DLT library on a Windows 2000 system. Windows picks up
the library and the drives. I start the TSM Device services (server 4.2.1.6)
on boot and it does see the library and the drives, however after I drag
them in the wizard and hit finished it times out trying to talk to the
server/tape unit. I have tried removable storage service on and off with the
same outcome. With the TSM device drivers off I am able to connect to the
library with the gui that was provided with the unit. Is there some updated
drivers from Tivoli that I should be using, or should I scrap the use of the
TSM drivers and manually setup the library with Windows 2000 Removable
Storage?. There are some known bugs with the Windows 2000 Storage service. I
do have a connection to a SAN, however the SAN is not setup for disk to tape
yet.

I have been following the
http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q248/8/00.ASP from
Microsoft but not helping.