ADSM-L

How to move clients and their data to another TSM-server with ATL

2001-11-09 04:25:49
Subject: How to move clients and their data to another TSM-server with ATL
From: "Rooij, FC de" <Fred.deRooij AT CORUSGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2001 10:07:51 +0100
We think about setting up a location where the backups should be stored
separated.
Nowadays we are backing up via TSM in a 3494LIB on 3590E tape. So called
ATL2-config

We will setup an ATL3 with the same tape-devices types and a new TSM server.
Does anybody know how to realize the following:
I like to move my existing clients and the data they captured on ATL2 in
ATL3 en the new TSM-server. (without starting a new "full" backup and all
the overhead). Is there a way to do this? We have 200 Windows client with
11Tb backup data on 700 cartridges.

Met vriendelijke groeten/with regards,
Fred de Rooij