ADSM-L

Re: ANS4018E - File name too long

2001-11-08 16:36:25
Subject: Re: ANS4018E - File name too long
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 16:31:57 -0500
This is addressed by APAR IC27346. For more info, you can search
www.adsm.org using

   +IC27346

as the search criterion.

Regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

Guillaume Gilbert <guillaume.gilbert AT DESJARDINS DOT COM>
11/08/2001 12:48

        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU
        cc:
        Subject:        ANS4018E - File name too long

Hi all

We've had this error on a WinNT SP5 box ever since we upgraded the client
to 4.1.3. It's not the actual filename that is long but the whole
directory structure which has
10 levels and over 200 characters. The server is 4.1.3 on AIX 4.3.3. We
get this error both in the client schedlog and in the server activity log.

Is there a limitation on the number of characters for a directory or file.

I have checked ADSM.ORG and there was talk about this problem but no
actual solution did come out.

Thanks for the help.

Guillaume Gilbert
CGI - Montreal