ADSM-L

Here's a new one - no Scheduled sessions

2001-11-08 11:55:40
Subject: Here's a new one - no Scheduled sessions
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 11:52:29 -0500
We'll the TSM server is nothing if not creative.  We are TSM 4.1.3 on AIX
4.3.3.

Night before last, during the DB BACKUP, the TSM server inexplicably
starting issuing the message:

ANR2571W Scheduled session from node xxxxxxxx has
been denied, scheduled sessions are not currently available.

And it kept doing that for hours.  When we came in the next morning, Q
SESSION showed NO client sessions at all, 3 admin sessions running (all of
them us confused admins trying to figure out what's going on...), still
issing ANR2571 any time a client tried to connect.

We killed the only process running, which was a BACKUP STGPOOL.  And that
left TSM sitting in spendid isolation twiddling its thumbs, still refusing
sessions.

Bouncing the server fixed it.  NOTHING WHATEVER in the TSM log to indicate
other problems.

Anybody seen this one before?