ADSM-L

anyone else notice, log doesn't clear during expiration...(even w ith logmode normal)

2001-11-08 10:28:59
Subject: anyone else notice, log doesn't clear during expiration...(even w ith logmode normal)
From: "Cook, Dwight E (SAIC)" <cookde AT BP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 8 Nov 2001 09:25:53 -0600
anyone else notice that with the server

Storage Management Server for AIX-RS/6000 - Version 4, Release 1, Level 4.0

even with log mode normal, the log doesn't clear for the ENTIRE duration of
expiration...

When expiration runs for 6-8+ hours a day and clients initiate a half
million sessions per month (pretty much round the clock daily) and and and
a person can run out of log space frequently...

not even the ol' ckpt will force check point things & clear the log...

and I've also had a server, for two days in a row now, get something hung
and the log wouldn't clear (with only a very few client sessions running...)
for no apparent reason, log space kept getting sucked up until it hit 100.1
%, issued about a million (so it seemed in clearing alerts on my pager)
messages about the log  being filled, and then BOOM, it cleared up all by
itself...   we might call in a problem on this one if we can get more info
on it/why??? but right now I'm just whine'n

I should have stayed with 3.7 :-/

Dwight