ADSM-L

Re: Help on running two schedules on Netware

2001-11-06 13:39:29
Subject: Re: Help on running two schedules on Netware
From: Kathleen Hallahan <Kathleen_Hallahan AT FREDDIEMAC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 13:36:49 -0500
We've run into this same issue.  We were always able to run two schedulers
under 3.X code using dsmc sched.  Dsmcad works differently, though, and
won't let you.  However...  we currently have 4.1.2.16 on a test server
running with the old schedulers and no dsmcad, and it seems to be working
fine.  The one thing we had to do to make it work was use the PASSWORDDIR
parameter in one of the two and direct the password to another
location--otherwise the two would overwrite each other and only the last
one loaded would work.  We haven't moved this into production yet because
we're still working on some other issues but this has been pretty
successful for us on this box.

Good luck!

Kathleen

                    Robert Ouzen

                    <rouzen AT UNIV DOT HA        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    IFA.AC.IL>             cc:

                    Sent by: "ADSM:        Subject:     Help on running two
schedules on Netware
                    Dist Stor

                    Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI

                    ST.EDU>

                    11/06/2001

                    01:38 AM

                    Please respond

                    to "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi

I need to run two scheduler on a Novell Client, one on a daily base and the
second one on a monthly base.
I created two different Nodes A (dsm.opt) and B (drm.opt)  I created also
two different Policy Domain .
I created  a backup scheduler for each one . I load in my client:
  load dsmcad (default client A dsm.opt with managedservices schedule)
  load dsmc sched -optfiles=drm.opt (for the second one B without
managedservices schedule)

Did it the right way to do it ??..
I am not sure about conflit of the NLM's. Got today an critical error when
unload dsmcad anf load it again.

T.I.A Regards Robert Ouzen