ADSM-L

Antwort: Help on running two schedules on Netware

2001-11-06 09:39:22
Subject: Antwort: Help on running two schedules on Netware
From: Jan Moewe <Jan.Moewe AT HAMBURGLB DOT DE>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 15:35:46 +0100
Robert,
we are running two schedules on our netware servers as well.
One for daily incremental and one for monthly selective backup.
But only one NLM loaded.
The difference is in the scheduled job, not in the dsm.opt.

So, why do you need to run two scheduler. What is your goal ?

Greetings
Jan Moewe

                    Robert Ouzen

                    <rouzen AT UNIV DOT HA        An:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST
DOT EDU
                    IFA.AC.IL>             Kopie:

                    Gesendet von:          Thema:  Help on running two
schedules on Netware
                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MARI

                    ST.EDU>

                    06.11.2001

                    07:38

                    Bitte antworten

                    an "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

Hi

I need to run two scheduler on a Novell Client, one on a daily base and the
second one on a monthly base.
I created two different Nodes A (dsm.opt) and B (drm.opt)  I created also
two different Policy Domain .
I created  a backup scheduler for each one . I load in my client:
  load dsmcad (default client A dsm.opt with managedservices schedule)
  load dsmc sched -optfiles=drm.opt (for the second one B without
managedservices schedule)

Did it the right way to do it ??..
I am not sure about conflit of the NLM's. Got today an critical error when
unload dsmcad anf load it again.

T.I.A Regards Robert Ouzen