ADSM-L

TSM Storage Agent

2001-11-06 05:06:19
Subject: TSM Storage Agent
From: Fab System <Fab.Request AT MARKS-AND-SPENCER DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 6 Nov 2001 10:02:06 -0000
Hi

I am trying to install ther service for TSM Storage Agent 4.2.1, the agent
starts fine from the command line but when I try to start it from the
services, it fails to start, below is the message i get in the event viewer.

The Description for Event ID (1) in Source ( ADSM Server) could not be
found. It contains the following insertion string(s): No compatible instance
found for Storage Agent service: TSM Storage Agent, 1168.

The command I use to install the service is:-

install "TSM Storage Agent" "c:\win32app\ibm\adsm\storageagent\dstasvc.exe"
username password

Any Ideas

Thanks

Sean Dudding
EMAIL: sean.dudding AT marks-and-spencer DOT com
Tel: 0207 268 6774
Fax: 0207 268 1836

Registered Office:
Registered Office:
Marks & Spencer p.l.c
Michael House, Baker Street,
London, W1U 8EP
Registered No. 214436 in England and Wales.

Telephone (020) 7935 4422
Facsimile (020) 7487 2670

www.marksandspencer.com

This e-mail is confidential. If you received it by mistake, please let us know
and then delete it from your system; you should not copy, disclose, or
distribute its contents to anyone nor act in reliance on this e-mail, as this
is prohibited and may be unlawful.

The registered office of Marks and Spencer Financial Services Limited, Marks
and Spencer Unit Trust Management Limited, Marks and Spencer Life Assurance
Limited and Marks and Spencer Savings and Investments Limited is Kings Meadow,
Chester, CH99 9FB.