ADSM-L

abrupt change in request number format

2001-11-04 13:07:43
Subject: abrupt change in request number format
From: "Glass, Peter" <Peter.K.Glass AT WELLSFARGO DOT COM>
Date: Sun, 4 Nov 2001 12:05:00 -0600
We have a script that automates the operator REPLY command requirement for
tape ejects.

The operator request number that the REPLY is issued against has always been
a 3-digit number, with leading zeros (e.g. reply 001), and our script is
written accordingly. However, a few days ago, the request numbers suddenly
converted to a 1-digit number format, for no apparent reason. This causes
the script to fail.

Anybody know what would cause the format of operator request numbers to
suddenly change from a 3-digit number to a 1-digit number?

How can we change the request number format back to the original 3-digit
format?

We are running TSM V3 R2 L1.2 on Solaris 8.
Thanks, in advance.

Peter Glass
Distributed Storage Management (DSM)
Wells Fargo Services Company