ADSM-L

Re: restoring client as a full OS install?

2001-11-02 09:39:27
Subject: Re: restoring client as a full OS install?
From: Daniel Sparrman <daniel.sparrman AT EXIST-SWEDEN DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 15:30:56 +0100
Perhaphs AIX as NIM, MKSYSB and SYSBACK, and HP has ignite, and SUN as
there own to(isn't that NIM?)

But none of these will restore the machine to "current state". They require
that you make for example a full MKSYSB.

Bare Metal Restore from TKG is the only application that will do a "current
state" restore.

Best Regards

Daniel Sparrman
-----------------------------------
Daniel Sparrman
Daniel Sparrman
Exist i Stockholm AB
Bergkällavägen 31D
192 79 SOLLENTUNA
Växel: 08 - 754 98 00
Mobil: 070 - 399 27 51

                    Jeff Bach

                    <jdbach@WAL-M        To:     ADSM-L AT VM.MARIST DOT EDU

                    ART.COM>             cc:

                    Sent by:             Subject:     Re: restoring client as a
full OS install?
                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

                    <ADSM-L AT VM DOT MA

                    RIST.EDU>

                    2001-11-02

                    14:49

                    Please

                    respond to

                    "ADSM: Dist

                    Stor Manager"

HP has ignite
AIX has NIM and myksysb and sysback
SUN had there own also.

Jeff Bach

OS.

> >Cause everything on a computer is a file, right? If that's true then
this
> >should work, right?
> >
> >Anyone done this before?
> >
> >Thanks in advance,
> >
> >Alex
> >~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
> >Alex Lazarevich
> >Systems Administrator
> >Imaging Technology Group, http://www.itg.uiuc.edu
> >Beckman Institute, http://www.beckman.uiuc.edu
> >405 N. Mathews, Urbana IL  61801  USA
> >Ph: (217)244-1565 e-mail: alazarev AT itg.uiuc DOT edu
> >

> --
> Ray Schafer             The Kernel Group       www.tkg.com
> Sr. Sales Engineer      schafer AT tkg DOT com    +1 512 433 3300

and intended solely for the individual or entity to
whom they are addressed.  If you have received this email
in error destroy it immediately.