ADSM-L

TSM and Sybase

2001-11-02 06:58:29
Subject: TSM and Sybase
From: Richard Feltham <FELTHAMR AT UK.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2001 11:40:26 +0000
Guys and Girls,

I am currently looking at using TSM Client with Sybase. I've tried to find
info on the  API but I'm having little luck. I know I can dump the
databsae files to another file system and then backup form there but I'm
constrained by network loads (i can't keep dumping 64GB of db files). Can
anyone assure me that the Sybase API works or indeed has used it or even
knows of its existence.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Richard Feltham
EMEA Technical Centre - Storage Management Team
External: +44 (0)1962 819878
Internal:   249878
Internet: felthamr AT uk.ibm DOT com
Location: SGJ3, IBM North Harbour, Portsmouth PO6 3AU