ADSM-L

Solaris backup hanging problem

2001-11-01 11:03:34
Subject: Solaris backup hanging problem
From: "Henschell, John" <John.Henschell AT WESTGROUP DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:01:07 -0600
Good morning,

I'm having a problem getting a backup to complete on a Solaris 2.7 server
running TSM 4.2.0 client code.  The TSM server is running on OS390 with
4.1.3.0 Server code.  There is a lot of data on this client, 100+GB, and I'm
trying to get the initial backup to complete but it just stops.  I have seen
this in the dsmerror.log "incrdrv.cpp  (5851):PrivIncrFileSpace: Received
rc=106 from fioGetDirEntries: /filesystem/directory".  This error does not
show up all the time though, most of the time the backup just stops, there
are no sessions on the server and no errors in the dsmerror.log or
dsmsched.log.  Has anyone out there experienced this before?  We have a
fairly large shop, 10 TSM servers running on both AIX and OS390 backing up
about 1500 INtel clients and 300 Unix clients, so far this is the only
client I've had this problem with.

John C. Henschell
Enterprise Storage Solutions
TLR Technical Services
Phone 651-687-8154
"All views and opinions expressed are those of the author and have not been
approved or reviewed by WestGroup"