ADSM-L

fixediobufsize, etc.

2001-11-01 10:53:35
Subject: fixediobufsize, etc.
From: Jim Kirkman <jmk AT EMAIL.UNC DOT EDU>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:50:58 -0500
Hey,

A search of the archives on this topic found some posts from back in Jan
about how this option was broke in 3.7.sumthing, Bill Colwell was one of
the respondees.

Anyone been brave enough to experiment with it in v4 (we're at 4.1.4)?
I'm looking for ways to 'tune things up', and have been thinking about
this as an option. One thing that is a bit disturbing, the Admin Guide
refers you to the Admin Reference for a list of server options, yet this
option is nowhere to be found in the Reference. Wonder if that is
significant?

On to a more academic pursuit, in looking at the tapeiobufs option there
is a note telling us that this option doesn't apply to 3590 device
classes at 2.10 or higher (z/OS). My guess is this is because IBM has
done away with BSAM (Basic Sequential Access Method) at these levels
(for what I've no clue). Can anyone verify or shed any light on this,
and offer any suggestions for performance enhancement? 4.1.4.0 seems to
use a lot more cycles, especially for expiration and reclamation.

--
Jim Kirkman
Jim Kirkman