ADSM-L

Cant make full backup in SQL TDP 2.2 *URGENT*

2001-11-01 10:40:57
Subject: Cant make full backup in SQL TDP 2.2 *URGENT*
From: Petur Eythorsson <peddi AT ITN DOT IS>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:38:18 CUT0
Hi i have a strange problem.

I can4t make a full backup of a SQL.

We have reacently upgraded the machine and replaced the opreating system.

i re-installed the TDP for SQL v.2.2 and tested a full backup, but then i get
this message. from the server

"ANR0530W Transaction failed for session 2258 for node SAGA_SQL (TDP MSSQLV2 NT)
internal server error detected."

i i get this message in the GUI of the client.

"Backup failed. ANS1301E (RC1)Server detected system error"

and i get these messages in my event log

"18210 :
BackupVirtualDeviceFile::RequestDurableMedia: Flush failure on backup
device 'TDPSQL-00000590-0000'. Operating system error 995(error not found).
"

and this one

"3041 :
BACKUP failed to complete the command USE master BACKUP DATABASE [master] TO
VIRTUAL_DEVICE=N'TDPSQL-00000590-0000' WITH BLOCKSIZE=512,
MAXTRANSFERSIZE=1048576, NAME=N'full', DESCRIPTION=N'TDPSQL-00000590-0000 (TDP
MS SQL V2)'"

The server is Dell, 4 cpu
Windows 2000
Service Pack 2
SQL 2000
with no service pack, and no patch.

we have a a simmelar clients with
Windows 2000
and Service Pack 2
SQL 2000
with no serice pack, and no patches.

And they have not been having this problem.

And stagne enugh i have no problem with taking TransAction Log bakcup of this
machine.

This is oure Production Server and I MUST GET A FULL BACKUP OF THIS SERVER.

PLEASE HELP ME, Ohh WISE COMRADES. :)

^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti Fjarskiptafilagsins Tmtan.
^essi skilabop voru send mep vefpssti Fjarskiptafilagsins Tmtan.
         Slspin er: http://postur.itn.is/