ADSM-L

Re: Expiring files on an inactive client

2001-11-01 10:18:04
Subject: Re: Expiring files on an inactive client
From: Bill Colwell <bcolwell AT DRAPER DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 10:07:24 -0500
Julie, I have many nodes like this.  To clean them up I created
a domain with all the same management class names; then I updated
the copygroups to have the '1,0,0,0' set of parameters that keeps only
the active set during expiration processing.  I also set the destination
to a dummy storagepool that has no space assigned.  Remenber to activate
the policyset.

When I want to cleanup a node I simply update the node to be in this
domain.  After expiration has run, I export what is left and the delete
everything.
If anyone needs something from these old nodes I just import the node.

Hope this helps,

--