ADSM-L

update to ACLS Library.

2001-11-01 04:55:02
Subject: update to ACLS Library.
From: Ofer <ofer AT TRIP.CCC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Thu, 1 Nov 2001 11:51:28 +0200
HI All,

I want to be able to check out a range of cartridges from my library.

'checkout libvolume mylibrary VOLRange=tape01,tape10'

I read that This parameter only applies to automated cartridge system
library software. (ACSLS library)

so I would like to update my library to be an acsls library.
in the 'help update library' command i found that
I need to supply an ACSID number. like the following example

'update library acslslib acsid=1'

to get the acsid I exec  q acs like I in the documentation on my system
and got nothing.
I know that my library support this capability.

Where can I get the ACSid number ?.
Is that information is in the TSM or in the library documentation?.
Do I have to install additional drivers/software to my operating system
or to my tsm?

the 'help update library' command says .

ACSID

     Specifies the number of this STK library assigned by the ACSSA

     (Automatic Cartridge System System Administrator). This can be a
number

     from 1 to 64. Issue QUERY ACS on your system to get the number for
your

     library ID. See your STK documentation for more information.

do you have any idea what the are talking about?.

Best Regard
Ofer Ccc.1