ADSM-L

Re: Merging two server into one

2001-10-31 16:36:08
Subject: Re: Merging two server into one
From: "Thomas A. La Porte" <tlaporte AT ANIM.DREAMWORKS DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 13:33:28 -0800
You will require additional storage resources, either tape or
disk. The export facility will write all of your TSM data to new
storage, and the import will then transfer that data to still new
storage (which could be the original storage on the exported
server). In any case, you will need to have double the amount of
space available for the actual export, because the data will
occupy at least two locations for the duration of the
export/import process.

 -- Tom

Thomas A. La Porte
DreamWorks SKG