ADSM-L

check out bunch of cartridges on scallar 1000 library

2001-10-31 08:11:10
Subject: check out bunch of cartridges on scallar 1000 library
From: Ofer <ofer AT TRIP.CCC.CO DOT IL>
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2001 15:06:56 +0200
Hi All,

Im Running TSM 3.7.4 on Aix machine, and i also have an ADIC Scalar 1000
attached to the Aix machine with 4 scsi channels.
The Scalar 1000 have a Cartridge mailbox the can contain 12
cartridges,my drives in the TSM are defined as scsi drives,
My Problem is that i want to checkout a "bunch" of cartridges every time
(lets say at least 12), insted to run one by one and reply the TSM
server
to checkout the cartridge,
I read in the book and i saw that i need to define the drive as an ACSLS
drive, My question is what is the ACSLS number that i need (1-64),
should i
need to
add any software to the server, and how should i do it.

Regards Offer