ADSM-L

Re: upgrade ADSM 3.1 DB to TSM 4.1

2001-10-30 14:52:44
Subject: Re: upgrade ADSM 3.1 DB to TSM 4.1
From: Bill Maloney <bmaloney AT DNDCONSULT DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2001 14:50:02 -0500
Henry,

I recently did the same thing at a customer site except it was NT and
W2K. I cheated and used DRM to help me.

Here are the steps that I did.

Created the new 4.2 server on W2K. ( For simplicity sake I kept the same
names for the storage pools,library,etc ).
Upgraded the existing 3.1 NT Server to 4.2.( Read the release notes
carefully )
Performed a DB backup of the upgraded server.
Ran prepare
Disconnected the NT Server from the Storage Works Library.
Connected up the W2K server to the Storage Works Library
Loaded the DB on the new 4.2 W2K server using the restore db command
from the DRM plan file.
Powered off the old NT server.

Bill