ADSM-L

TSM 4.2.1 (Sorry, last post was not complete.)

2001-10-29 10:58:30
Subject: TSM 4.2.1 (Sorry, last post was not complete.)
From: "Gill, Geoffrey L." <GEOFFREY.L.GILL AT SAIC DOT COM>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 07:55:41 -0800
>   Indeed, what a mess.....
>   And don't forget the hundred of thousands ANR2841W messages we get
>   every day.

I don't get that many but still, we shouldn't get any.

>   They asked me (a week ago) to change it to 100. Which obviously didn't
help.

Well, I can see Tivoli has great communication between themselves and us. If
they already knew your settings didn't work why would they even tell me to
change mine, unless it was just to appease me....

I noticed my database backups had been failing over the weekend. It says
there was a dbbackup already in progress, that seemed to be waiting for a
mount too. What I did was try to cancel that process, which didn't take for
over half an hour so I decided to just halt the server and restart it. I
kicked off a dbbackup and it sat there for an hour waiting for the mount of
a scratch tape. q mo showed the mount reserved and I had lots of scratch
tapes available. I decided to cancel that process, that took about a day and
a half to accomplish. Yesterday's dbbackup was ok....go figure.

This morning I also noted this for q sess f=d
              Sess Number: 2
             Comm. Method: Tcp/Ip
               Sess State: MediaW
                Wait Time: 9.4 H
               Bytes Sent: 337
              Bytes Recvd: 612
                Sess Type: Node
                 Platform: WinNT
              Client Name: CP-ITS-IPVQA
      Media Access Status: Waiting for mount of output volume U00933 (33863
seconds).
                User Name:
Date/Time First Data Sent: 10/28/01 22:09:59

Media wait going for 9.4 hours for what? The media is in the library and the
status is ok:
U00933                    NT_TPOOL     3590CLASS    20,000.0   18.8  Filling

I cancelled the session about an hour and a half ago but it's still out
there.

This is really getting to be a pain in the behind. It's been 3 weeks since I
upgraded and I've had nothing but problems. I hope Tivoli has every resourse
available on (THESE) problems. I'm not very convinced thought because of the
length of time that's elapsed.

Geoff Gill
TSM Administrator
NT Systems Support Engineer