ADSM-L

Re: kernel extension problem???

2001-10-29 04:58:29
Subject: Re: kernel extension problem???
From: Zlatko Krastev/ACIT <acit AT ATTGLOBAL DOT NET>
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2001 11:55:27 +0200
I suppose that newer client should work with a server which is one version
back. However I am new to TSM and am not familiar at all with ADSM so
cannot be sure. Maybe someone else with more experience than me can help is
v3.7 client compatible with v3.1 server.
It is still not clear at what levels are the TSM server and HSM client. Can
you show the output of "lslpp -L tivoli.tsm\*" on both machines. And
writing you are afraid to restart the server what is the version of the
server in memory (i.e. what is the output when you connect to the server
from any client) ?
"Session established with server ????????????: AIX-RS/6000
  Server Version ?, Release ?, Level ?.?"
For me the solution is: If you started - do it. So when upgrade was ever
started - finish it. If it is unsuccessful - restore. If it works "endes
gut - alles gut". Half-done job would be the worst case.

Zlatko Krastev
IT Consultant

Jason Jackson <jacksonj AT MICHAELS DOT COM> on 23.10.2001 18:16:04