ADSM-L

searching all nodes

2001-10-25 18:59:23
Subject: searching all nodes
From: "David N. Reiss" <dnr AT GBLX DOT NET>
Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2001 18:56:31 -0400
I want to search the lists of files backed up for all our ADSM Nodes.  We
are running the 3.1 ADSM Server on AIX 4.3.3.

I want to find files that are backed up... including inactive files.  So
that we might restore them.

The problem is, I want to do this for all our nodes at at once.

I want to do something like do a "query content volname" for all our files,
list the output to a file and then do normal greps for things.  But
something tells me that would be time consuming.

Does anybody know a direct and simple way from within ADSM to do this?

Thank you,

David N. Reiss                  dnr AT gblx DOT net
Internet Systems Administrator  work: 716-777-5636
East Coast Admin. Team          cell: 716-259-1738
Internet Servcies Team          page: 877-912-2313
A Global Crossing Company       www.globalcrossing.net
A paranoid is someone who has all the facts at his disposal.
                - William Burroughs