ADSM-L

Re: Return Code Changes with V4.2.1 TSM Clients

2001-10-24 23:09:37
Subject: Re: Return Code Changes with V4.2.1 TSM Clients
From: "Seay, Paul" <seay_pd AT NAPTHEON DOT COM>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 23:05:53 -0400
Andrew,
This was discussed at Share in Minneapolis.  What you have said here is
pretty much what was discussed with TSM development.  I expect to bring this
subject up further at Share in Nashville.  The real issue is customers are
now trying to use these open systems and schedule jobs just like they do on
mainframes.  Verification that a backup completed properly is of utmost
importance, especially, when every file is a set that must be restored to
restore a production application similar to a database.

This is why we need more functionality in this area.  The next few releases
of TSM need to make headway here for customers to run this in production.