ADSM-L

Re: Educational Licencing Question

2001-10-24 18:48:42
Subject: Re: Educational Licencing Question
From: Joel Fuhrman <joelf AT CAC.WASHINGTON DOT EDU>
Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2001 15:46:01 -0700
I believe that IBM is no longer the doing HESC, Higher Education Software
Consortium, program which gave software to educational organizations.
Since my group handles the administrative (non-student) computing on campus,
we didn't qualify for HESC.  However, our Tivoli Value Added Reseller was
able to order the Tivoli Data Protection products for us using the Passport
Advantage program, which offers deeply discounted prices.  That program may
have been terminated this year; but since I haven't bought anything I'm not
sure.

Maybe with the keywords, HESC and Passport Advantage, you might be able to
get some information on your licensing.  You said you don't have an IBM
contact, which is ok, since you need a contact from Tivoli or one of their
VARs.