ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-23 15:25:03
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1
From: Andrew Raibeck <storman AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 12:21:37 -0700
Hi Wanda,

I am not 100% certain as to the answer, but here is what I think:

When TSM backs up the registry, it uses the Win32 API functions to back up
the registry data to the adsm.sys directory. Then the adsm.sys directory
(and its files and subdirectories) are backed up to the TSM server,
regardless of what the include/exclude statements say. Since both phases
of the registry backup occur during the backup of the system object (not
the file system), we don't want to make an extraneous backups of adsm.sys
when we back up the file system. This is what the implicit EXCLUDE is for
(we just throw it in the same bucket as the MS-recommended files to
exclude).

If I am mistaken, I will update you accordingly.

Best regards,

Andy

Andy Raibeck
IBM Software Group

The command line is your friend.

"Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
10/22/2001 08:52