ADSM-L

Re: Migration from AIX to Solaris

2001-10-23 14:19:42
Subject: Re: Migration from AIX to Solaris
From: Steven P Roder <tkssteve AT REXX.ACSU.BUFFALO DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 14:17:40 -0400
I migrated from Sun to AIX, exporting/importing the server from Sun to
AIX.  This got me all my policies, clients, schedules, etc.  I then
partitioned my 3575-L18's, cabling them to both systems.  This allowed me
to migrate the clients via export/import (using tapes, or via
server-to-server).  For clients that did not require the retention of
their historical data, I simply did fresh full backups to the new server,
and then delete the filespaces from the old server.