ADSM-L

TSM and MSCS

2001-10-23 11:31:39
Subject: TSM and MSCS
From: ROSELIER Stephane <Stephane.ROSELIER AT TOTALFINAELF DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 17:12:47 +0200
Hello,

I've got a situation on my hands and I can't resolve it. I've a MSCS file
cluster on win2k adv.
server. We did a test run from may to august and had no significant problems
with TSM, using first
4.1.2.12, then 4.2.0 when we saw that it was the build necessary for an adv.
server.
Once we finished our testing we decided we should reinstall it from zero. We
did. Now we have lots
of problem with saving the system objects, but the worst problem is as follow:

We install TSM on the server. We try to start it. It take an awfully long time
to start. If I stop
the cluster service then try to start the TSM baclient, it starts instantly.

So I started from there and made some tests: I start the cluster service and
launch the cluster
administrator. It's up in a couple of seconds. (one can see a lot of ressources
being checked
flashing by in the botttom).

Then I start the cluster service, try to launch the TSM client, then while the
baclient is
(painfully) getting on, I start the CLuster administrator. It starts, but the
ressource check is
very slow and usually ends only after the baclient finishes to load.

Has anyone had this problem already, or heard of something similar?

Thanks in advance,
Stéphane Roselier,