ADSM-L

Re: ITO alarms and TSM error messages

2001-10-23 10:03:50
Subject: Re: ITO alarms and TSM error messages
From: "Prather, Wanda" <Wanda.Prather AT JHUAPL DOT EDU>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 10:01:13 -0400
I have no idea what ITO is, and my background is AIX rather than Solaris....
But, look at the ENABLE command in the ADMIN GUIDE and ADMIN reference.

You can issue the ENABLE command to cause TSM to forward error messages real
time to a "receiver"  such as a Netview/Openview monitoring server via SNMP.

But there are other kinds of "receivers" as well.  Instead of forwarding the
error messages to the SNMP daemon, you can write them to a flat file, or
send them to a user exit program that you create, where you could do
anything you want with them.  I"ve never done the user exit myself, but I've
done used SNMP and the flat file method, and they work fine (at least from
an AIX TSM server).

You can choose to have all messages forwarded by severity (ERROR, SEVERE,
WARNING, INFORMATIONAL), or just select the ones you care about by number.

Hope that helps..

Wanda Prather
The Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab
443-778-8769
wanda_prather AT jhuapl DOT edu

"Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think" -
Scott Adams/Dilbert