ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.x on AIX 4.3.3

2001-10-23 09:45:53
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.x on AIX 4.3.3
From: Rosa Leung/Toronto/IBM <rosal AT CA.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:37:03 -0400
There is no TDP for sure,  and the AIX server was just upgraded from 4.2.1
to 4.3.3 during the past weekend.  The very first backup of the DB took
over 5 hours.   And this backup is not scheduled by TSM schedule, it is
controlled by MAESTRO (a Tivoli schedule tool).

I am thinking there maybe same paraemeters that require to be adjusted to
speed up the backup to a reasonable time window.

Rosa Leung
Distributed Storage Services
Tel: (416) 490-5151  Fax: (416) 490-5283
rosal AT ca.ibm DOT com   BK02/245/TOR
IBM Global Services

"Davidson, Becky" <Becky.Davidson AT EGR DOT COM>@VM.MARIST.EDU> on 10/22/2001
03:43:01 PM