ADSM-L

license files TSM 4.1 and 4.2

2001-10-23 03:41:26
Subject: license files TSM 4.1 and 4.2
From: Kurt Beyers <kurt.beyers AT DOLMEN DOT BE>
Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2001 09:23:22 +0200
Hi,

I'm getting confused about the license files of TSM 4.1 and 4.2. I need to
perform an upgrade from TSM 3.7 on NT4 to either TSM 4.2.1 or TSM 4.1.4.1

I've downloaded TSM 4.2.1 and TSM 4.1.4.1 from the Tivoli website and have
the media of TSM 4.1 (not yet those of 4.2).

If I install TSM 4.1.4.1 from the download, can I just add the license files
from the TSM 4.1 CD's by performing a custom install after I've installed
TSM 4.1.4.1? Or must I install TSM 4.1 first, copy all the license files
(*.lic and adsmlicn.dll) to a temporary location, uninstall TSM 4.1 and
install TSM 4.1.4.1 and copy the license files to c:\program
files\tivoli\tsm\server again?

And the same goes for TSM 4.2? What happens if install TSM 4.2.1 directly
without having the media of TSM 4.2. Do I get only messages in the activity
log that my licenses aren't in compliance, but can I use it meanwhile in
production and wait for the media of TSM 4.2 and add and register the
license files than?

Any suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks,

Kurt Beyers