ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-22 11:02:55
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1
From: Remco Post <r.post AT SARA DOT NL>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:59:38 +0200
Henk told us:

> use), and last but not least, after a server restart, most of the private
> volumes in the tape library becomes scratch, and scratch volumes becomes
> private (APAR IC31691). So what happens is that if TSM asked for a scratch
> volume, the Library Manager gives 95% of the time a private volume, thank God
> TSM recognise this volume as one of his a private volumes, asked again for a
> scratch volume, and on and on and on. So sometimes mount takes for hours. We
> use
> now a script to get the Library manager in sync with the TSM server (i.e.
> change
> the categories with mtlib).

So, here are the scripts. Update at least correct_library.sh and the macro's
to match your environment...

---scratch.macro---
select volume_name from libvolumes where status='Scratch' and
select volume_name from libvolumes where status='Scratch' and
LIBRARY_NAME=='3494LIB'
---private.macro---
select volume_name from libvolumes where status='Private' and
LIBRARY_NAME='3494LIB'
select volume_name from libvolumes where status='Private' and
LIBRARY_NAME='3494LIB'
---findnames.awk---
BEGIN {
BEGIN {
        name_section = 0
}

{
        if ( name_section == 1 && $0 !~ /^$/  )
        {
                print
                next
        }
        if ( $0 ~ /^------------------$/ )
                name_section = 1
}
---correct_library.sh---
#!/bin/sh
#!/bin/sh
# (c) 2001 SARA, Remco Post
# set the following to whatever is appropriate for your env.
PASSWORD=password
MACDIR=/tsm/scripts
SCRIPTDIR=/tsm/scripts

# ask tsm what the scratch volumes are and tell that to the Library manager
for i in `dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=$PASSWORD 'macro ${MACDIR}/scratch.macro'
2>/dev/null | grep -v ANS | awk -f ${SCRIPTDIR}/findnames.awk`; do
        mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -V ${i} -t 012E
done
# ask tsm what the private volumes are and tell that to the Library manager
for i in `dsmadmc -id=admin -pa=$PASSWORD 'macro ${MACDIR}/private.macro'
2>/dev/null | grep -v ANS | awk -f ${SCRIPTDIR}/findnames.awk`; do
        mtlib -l /dev/lmcp0 -C -V ${i} -t 012C
done
---8<---
Met vriendelijke groeten,
Met vriendelijke groeten,

Remco Post

SARA - Stichting Academisch Rekencentrum Amsterdam
High Performance Computing  Tel. +31 20 592 8008    Fax. +31 20 668 3167

"I really didn't foresee the Internet. But then, neither did the computer
industry. Not that that tells us very much of course - the computer industry
didn't even foresee that the century was going to end." -- Douglas Adams