ADSM-L

Re: TSM 4.2.1

2001-10-22 10:08:39
Subject: Re: TSM 4.2.1
From: Tom Tann{s <tom.tannas AT USIT.UIO DOT NO>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:05:59 +0200
I agree. don't...

I did the upgrade yesterday. (AIX 4.3.2)

Only one problem discovered so far, but it's serius.

Something is messed up with the allocation of mountpoins in the libraries.
Clients or processes needing a mountpoint would earlier just sit and wait
until one was available.
In 4.2.1 it seems that if all mountpoints are in use or reserved, furter
requests for mountpoints are cancelled.
10/22/2001 10:42:57  ANR8447E No drives are currently available in library
                      3494.
10/22/2001 10:42:57  ANR1401W Mount request denied for volume ORA168 -
                      mount failed.

When this happened, I also noticed a new message from q mount:
ANR8376I Mount point reserved in device class BCKTAPE, status: RESERVED.
ANR8334I         1 matches found.

The other 3 drives where busy.

I've just started digging into this, so it could be that I have missed
something...