ADSM-L

Re: disaster recovery

2001-10-19 09:24:52
Subject: Re: disaster recovery
From: Joe Cascanette <Joe.Cascanette AT CUMIS DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 19 Oct 2001 08:57:31 -0400
I have been working on a solution for this. We are switching from magstar
tapes to DLT tapes in the near future. I have been looking into the option
of BACKUPSETS. From what I can see, when I create a BACKUPSET and store
these on separate DLT tapes (for DRP purposes), you should be able to setup
the servers with a DLT unit attached , and be able to  perform a restore
(will be testing Bare Metal Restores when the unit comes in next week) of
that server without waiting for the recreation of your TSM server. Of course
you will still need to recreate the TSM server, DB restore, etc. to perform
incremental restores (depending on the BACKUPSETS date), however this can be
done while the DRP servers are being restored with the BACKUPSETS.

Any thoughts on this plan would be greatly appreciated.

Joe Cascanette
The Cumis Group