ADSM-L

Re: Compaq TL891 autochanger (library??)

2001-10-18 12:06:16
Subject: Re: Compaq TL891 autochanger (library??)
From: Bruce Mitchell <bruce.mitchell AT DB DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:59:58 +0000
Juergen,
Thanks for your reply .. The reason I asked is because I cannot see the library
(lb4.0.0. e etc) from NT using the 'wizard' etc .
The TSM Device Driver is active and I can see the tape drive itself at
mt5.0.0.4..

In terms of other libraries, I've always installed a device driver for the
library and drives... ie Ultruim for LTO, atape and atldd drivers
for 3494 libraries etc...

What I was asking specfically was 'is there a required dev driver for the
autochanger...'

Juergen wrote ......

Please have a look at the Tivoli web site for support of Compaq TL891.
 (http://www.tivoli.com/support/storage_mgr/devices/dlt.html#lib)
The Advanced Managed Library Feature is not required.

For more support Information about the library configuration, please use the
Tivoli Storage Manager Server Utilities.
Please check under "Service Information" if the TSM Device Driver is running.
Under "Device Information" you can find information about the TSM devices.
If the library is'nt shown as lb.ww.xx.yy.zz (where ww is the scsi id and zz is
the scsi adapter no)
then something is going wrong.

If all the things mentioned above are o.k., you can define the library as
follows:

def libr TL891lib libt=scsi device=lbww1.xx.yy.zz
def dr TL891lib TAPEDR1 device=mtww2.xx.yy.zz elem=240
def dr TL891lib TAPEDR2 device=mtww3.xx.yy.zz elem=241

assuming the tape drives are DLT 7000 drives you should also define the
deviceclass
def devcl dlt7000cl devt=dlt format=drive libr=TL891lib mountretention=5
estcapacity=70G MOUNTL=drives

Tel:       +44(0) 207 547 4917
Fax        +44(0) 207 650 7917
Mobile    +44(0) 7768 361-885
email:    bruce.mitchell AT db DOT com

notify the sender immediately and destroy this e-mail. Any unauthorized
forbidden.