ADSM-L

Re: Exchange RE: storage agent?

2001-10-18 11:03:29
Subject: Re: Exchange RE: storage agent?
From: Del Hoobler <hoobler AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 10:59:42 -0400
>>> Yes, you need the storage agent.  It is a cut down TSM server and costs
>>> lot more than the LAN client.

>> No.  You use the normal TDP for Exchange client along with the
>> base client storage agent.

> Is there a special agent required for MS Exchange in the LAN free
> environment?

Sorry if I confused the issue here...
Just to clarify.  You need to purchase the storage agent,
but there is not a special version of the TDP for Exchange agent.
That is, there is only one version of TDP for Exchange
whether you back up over the LAN or LAN Free.

I wasn't sure what the original question was asking.
I hope it is clear now.  Thank you Paul.

Thanks,

Del

Del Hoobler
Del Hoobler
IBM Corporation
hoobler AT us.ibm DOT com

"It's a beautiful day.  Don't let it get away."  -- Bono