ADSM-L

AW: Moving from 1 large tape pool to multiple tape pools

2001-10-18 10:29:29
Subject: AW: Moving from 1 large tape pool to multiple tape pools
From: "Baines, Paul" <Paul.Baines AT PARTNER.COMMERZBANK DOT COM>
Date: Thu, 18 Oct 2001 16:26:49 +0200
>3)  If a tape contains multiple nodes (different OS's) how do I move this
>data to new storage pools?
>
>I don't know of an easy way. What I did was a move to a disk pool, and then
migrate back to >a tape pool with collocate, and then move the separate
vols. to the pools you want them in. >Rather tedious, but it worked.

You could EXPORT the data, make your changes (domain etc.) and then IMPORT.
You could wait until v 5.1 for the MOVE NODEDATA command rumoured to be
therein.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen - With best regards
Serdeczne pozdrowienia - Slan agus beannacht
Paul Baines
TSM/ADSM Consultant