ADSM-L

Re: Why does adding a cpu and more memory slow things down.

2001-10-16 15:50:36
Subject: Re: Why does adding a cpu and more memory slow things down.
From: "PINNI, BALANAND (SBCSI)" <bp3965 AT SBC DOT COM>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 14:47:51 -0500
Hi

These are the conclutions I have drawn for performence.
1.If CPU is loaded network becomes slow.
2.If memory is low data xfer time over network is reduced.
3.If patches are not applied at OS at TSM level there will be memory leaks.
4.If n/w card is not properly configured and set for speed.U will not get
good data Xfer rate.
5.U need to set window size and buff size to 32 and 64 respectively on
client side.
6.On server side say
  q opt at dsmadmc prompt
u see for urself all TCP and buff settings.
u can set the values using set opt cmd.
these are few experiments I did at my site.