ADSM-L

Why does adding a cpu and more memory slow things down.

2001-10-16 15:45:05
Subject: Why does adding a cpu and more memory slow things down.
From: Mark Brown <mark.brown AT MCGILL DOT CA>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2001 15:43:15 -0400
Hello,

On an IBM 9672 we recently added a 5th cpu and 1 gig of ram and have
given all of the ram to our OS/390 Mvs 2.4 lpar.

We are running two TSM servers on OS/390 and after adding the extra gig
of ram we upped the region size and the bufferpool sizes.

My problem is that BACKUPS are taking longer to run by as much as one
and
half hours longer. Could anyone explain to me why MORE is NOT better??

Thanks,
--