ADSM-L

Bad performance with Oracle TDP

2001-10-12 12:57:18
Subject: Bad performance with Oracle TDP
From: Thiha Than <thiha AT US.IBM DOT COM>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 09:53:10 -0700
hi,

How big your database is and how much data do you have in the database you
are testing now?  How did you come with the number 9.6 GB/hr?  You can use
filesperset parameter in your backup script to multiplex your data for
performance improvement.  There is a white paper written by Oracle on
tuning
RMAN for performance.  I tried attaching it and the mail got bounced back
since it exceeds the maximum mail size allowed.  Please try downloading it
from
Oracle website.  The title of the white paper is "Tuning Oracle Recovery
Manager"

regards,
Thiha

>   I was doing some testing with a "possible" new TSM user. They have
some very
>large Oracle databases running on Solaris. After installing all the
software
>(TSM Server 4.2.0 on OS/390, TSM Client 4.2.0 on the Solaris machine, and
the
>latest version of the TDP) we went for some benchmarking. Some results:

>- I backed up three 1 GB files using RESOURCEUTIL 6 on the client, with
no
>compression. It gave a total transfer rate of 101 GB/hour

>- The I backed a Oracle database with the TDP, allocating two channels in
RMAN.